The Slowtus - K20 SC 135R

Post your Lotus and related chat in here folks.
whitergb

Re: The Slowtus - K20 SC 135R

Post by whitergb » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Get them bought, it's only money! Great looking seats :Yahoo:
Elise SC RGB Edition Aspen White
TVR T350C Spectraflair Silver

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:52 pm

While I umm and ahh about new seats and harnesses, I've spent £3.66 on a new reflector to replace the one my exhaust melted. I've also ordered a pair of centre caps to replace my missing ones.

I also gave the garage a clear out, so there's now bags of room to get out of the car, take wheels off etc. The tip run saw a Ford Focus absolutely brimmed to the headlining with lawnmowers (I've not had a lawn for 2 years), cheap Mini wheels (I've not had a Mini for 5 years) and mystery fluids in glass jars (they belonged to the deceased previous owner of my house). Must have vacuumed up about a kilo of spiders along the way.

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:31 pm

..and you even put a radiator in to keep it warm ;) :P
Exige Roadster
Black Exige S - Going to a good home I hope!
TVR 400 SE - The sofa has gone
Elise S1 - Long gone but not forgotten

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:24 pm

I've only done one minor job on the car in the past few weeks, which was to spray PTFE onto various bits of the gearstick mechanism/linkage as it was a bit creaky, squeaky and stiff in places. They're known for being a weak part of the package in terms of precision and feel, but just getting things sliding better has made a big improvement to cross-gate shifts. Getting between 2nd and 3rd when driving with gusto was a bit of a sketchy manoeuvre before, needing three very distinct moves to not get jammed up, to the point where I just didn't bother with 2nd on my Blyton trackday. It's now considerably better and can be done subconsciously like in a "normal" car.

Otherwise, I've just been driving and enjoying it. The sky looked nice early this evening, so I went for a run up the Cat and Fiddle to catch the sunset, then had a fantastic clear blat down the A54 back to Macclesfield.

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:22 pm

I had a chance to take The Slowtus out for a drive today with an old friend in a 458 Spider. Today was a good day.

Given the hot weather, it also served as a nice shakedown before I head off to Italy in a week or so. Everything is tip top!

Thommo

Post by Thommo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am

Looking good. Compares well with the 458!
Just over the hill

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:35 pm

I took the car for a week in the Alps and the Dolomites with a few friends (I'll post more about that soon) and had a couple of minor bits to fix when I got home.

I gained a few minor rattles which I'm looked to solve, and one big one. Toward the end of the trip the driver's door started rattling, not that uncommon with these cars, so I borrowed some tools to set about adjusting the window as the most likely culprit. As I opened the door I noticed a screw missing at the back which seemed to be something of a smoking gun. Having decided to leave it until I got home, it obviously got worse throughout the day and the second screw in the same place disappeared too. I suspect I only ever had one of the two, and that had just come loose. I replaced both the missing screws and washers today with parts from Lotus; the big rattle is gone and the door feels more solid than it ever has. Success!

I also replaced a broken rain shroud panel that goes behind the radiator as I thought that could be the cause of another rattle. Nigh on £40 for a piece of plastic and it made no difference, but at least it's not snapped anymore :rolleyes:

And a bonus shot of the car in an Italian hotel carpark after a week of exuberant motoring…

ImageAbused Lotus Elise by Jaik Dean, on Flickr

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:51 pm

A few pics from our run to Italy…

jbs_type25

Post by jbs_type25 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Awesome!
Extremely jealous.
Some fantastic shots there.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Great pics! Roads look amazing. I really must get myself on a Euro trip.

I was about to comment on the pretty 4C when the F40 stopped me in my tracks! :Wild_Thang: :D
Elise 111R
BMW M140i

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Get a good group of friends together and there's nothing like it. Stunning scenery, great food, spectacular roads… Wonderful. I think I've done 8 tours over the past 9 years!

Just don't go with a friend in a 4C if you enjoy your car getting attention :lol:

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:52 pm

I did an MSV/Evo “How Fast?” day today at Bedford Autodrome with a couple of friends. We used the West circuit and with a small number of cars had an hour of open pit lane, followed by two flying hot laps each to set a time for their leaderboards. It's the first time I've been to Bedford and the second time I've had this car on track, so I was learning both the circuit and the car, but managed to just pip my friend's times in his Exige V6 Cup. I also got thoroughly trounced by Dan Webster in a 300hp NA Honda Elise S1 :D

The car was absolutely stellar. Fast yet playful yet waiting to bite your head off when you make a mistake; just how I like it!

The highlights are on YouTube!