GTE for sale

Post your Lotus and related chat in here folks.
nelly111s
Site Admin

GTE for sale

Post by nelly111s » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:16 am

Silver 111S - gone
Ardent Red 111R - gone
Chrome Orange S - yippee

brooke bond

Re: GTE for sale

Post by brooke bond » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:14 am

That's quite a mark up on what that car originally sold for. The right hand drive one at Oakmere was £95k if I recall and was a high spec car. Love the silver combo though, saw this colour, maybe even this car, a few years ago at Goodwood....and fell in love. Just don't have enough spare ££'s though.
Xav

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

I'm with you on the price Xav, a bit strong for a left hand drive car I think.

GTE's look great but without any extra power over the standard Evora S of the time I am not so sure it is £110k great in that colour combo. Looks better in the darker colours imo
Exige Roadster
Black Exige S - Going to a good home I hope!
TVR 400 SE - The sofa has gone
Elise S1 - Long gone but not forgotten

21GG

Post by 21GG » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 am

I think they are aiming for collectors & foreign buyers. I'm not going to argue with the price (obviously lol)but will be interesting to see what it eventually goes for. For example the only other RHD 2+2 sold for £87k with an extra 5000 miles and only a few months after its original purchase. Most of them are LHD anyway so I dont think it has as much impact as with a standard car.
There is a guy in Canada who has made one and its cost him close the original price of the GT350's to convert his, ignoring the original price of the car!
As the German owner has found out, when they come to being repaired, the costs are more like you would expect at its original proposed price. Ultimately the original Gte's were written off (financially speaking) so I think they (GT350) were undersold originally, especially when you consider the continual increase in prices of the normal car range. The one Hoffmans are selling is a stunning car but one of the few I've not seen in the flesh, the owner has got a spare one anyway!

Gav
Last edited by 21GG on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owning the cars I do means I cant afford the professional help I need, so never believe I know what I'm talking about, have a clue about anything or mean any of it!

whitergb

Post by whitergb » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Beautiful looking thing but 110k? Wow, stop giggling Gav :ROFLMAO:
Elise SC RGB Edition Aspen White
TVR T350C Spectraflair Silver

Graham the Interloper

Post by Graham the Interloper » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:37 pm

This is a a big thing I don't get about rare factory cars.

My old man used to have a 964 rs lightweight. It was rack at everything. It had 0 rebound damping, so country roads were horrid - more likely to bin it in a line than on a bend. It was too soft for the track. We stiffened it bybinning the factory (cosmetic) cage and getting g a proper one, and bracing to the turrets. It got aMAF upgrade, better. Takes and most importantly proflex Suspension. Those bad boys were 32 position on fast / slow bump and rebound. We expected to win every class grace of the inter marque we entered, and frequently did. Meanwhile, you could soften the damping right down, and it was much better than original on the road, too.

The thing is, by that point, wtf was the point of starting with an rs? Abit of steel in the engine? Made sense when we did it at 27k for the car - but now factory original cars are the price of houses! For that cash, you could recreate our improved from factory car with any base 964 a d 20k to better than thee alleged "worth" 200k originals. Personally, I seeno difference on a factory hot lotus - any factory cR is a compromise whynot have a better car forlezs cash, unless your primary motive iis selling thr investment to people who know cack all about cars?