Been a while but hello one and all

Post your Lotus and related chat in here folks.
jibber

Been a while but hello one and all

Post by jibber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi there, 'tis I jibber, you may remember me from such elise as "the one with the pink seats" from the old days.

Dropped off the radar a bit due to relocating to Bournemouth 7 years ago.

Sold the S1 last November to a chap who treated it to a Honda conversion (not jelly at all) because I didn't have the space to work on it. You may have seen it for sale on eBay, It was the dark purple one with probax seats.

Now moving house to one with a double garage and got the green light to shop for another elise. I have looked into loads of other cars like clio cup, Fiesta st and I've even driven my girlfriends Cooper S but nothing comes close to my S1.

My budget is £15k and I wanted something different to the old S1 as I would always compare so looking for an S2. Because these are slightly heavier than the s1, I would want more power so ideally a 111s. Budget might not stretch to a 111R or the Newer S which is heavier still.

I'll post in wanted but if anyone is thinking of selling in the next few months let me know. Or if anybody can offer up any advice during my search that would be great. K-series isn't that bad if maintainedand the mileage is low enough especially with 160bhp.

Don't want to start a war here just what's best for budget.

Am I right in thinking that probox seats came with touring pack? I'm not interested in air con or electric windows just the seats are well comfy and cured my old man back pretty much over night.

Hopefully see you all again soon when I'm back up north with another Elise.
THERE IS NO DANA ONLY ZOOL !!!!!!!!!

Dark purple S1 with Ferrari Testarossa transplant. WITH GAY, BUT ABSOLUTLY STUNNINGLY BEATIFUL PURPLE INTERIOR !!!

Nathan

Re: Been a while but hello one and all

Post by Nathan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:25 am

I've got an early 111R with touring pack and it doesn't have probax, think they might only have been an option from 2006ish so check carefully if that's an essential option.

I think you'll be lucky to find a 111r at £15k at the moment, there doesn't seem to be many for sale at all so it's keeping the prices stronger than I've seen for a few years.

Good luck with the hunt, whatever version you end up in they're all great (but then you know that already!)
Elise 111R
BMW M140i

oggy

Post by oggy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 am

welcome back jibber you old devil, if you fancy going back to an S1 there is a guy on seloc selling a rather nice one, https://classifieds.seloc.org/ads/s1-el ... condition/ all original except for the PROBAX seats ;) ive got them in mine and I know what you mean they make a hell of a difference. oh yeh and its a rather nice shade of yellow :D
I feel a change coming :unsure:

jgmsports.co.uk

Post by jgmsports.co.uk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Phil I have a dark purple s1 Honda with probax seats. Mileage is 130ish k sounds like your old car. I took it to Spain on my last holiday it's currently there being prepped for sale.

If it's the same car, condition is a credit to you for the millage and still have your 4 page write up on everything you did to it.

Thanks

James

oggy

Post by oggy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 pm

jgmsports.co.uk wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm
Hi Phil I have a dark purple s1 Honda with probax seats. Mileage is 130ish k sounds like your old car. I took it to Spain on my last holiday it's currently there being prepped for sale.

If it's the same car, condition is a credit to you for the millage and still have your 4 page write up on everything you did to it.

Thanks

James
It's a sign from above, buy it quick :Ok2:
I feel a change coming :unsure:

jibber

Post by jibber » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks all, good to see the forum is still going strong with all the sane old faces ha! Wish my return was under better circumstances i.e under Elise ownership ha! That reminds me, did chapster ever buy an Elise. I gave him a pax in my s1 once which is what made him want an s2 I believe ha!

That does sound suspiciously like my old Elise yes. Do the heater controls light up orange at night? This was my proudest achievement, after ditching the pink seats of course. The car was my only transport so maintance was always kept ontop of.

Ok well I'm in no rush so I'll take my time looking. It has to be an s2 though. Not because they are better but because it's different. If I buy an s1 it would be like me admitting that I made a mistake selling mine. Also this car will be shared with the mrs and she didn't like getting in and out of the s1. (The plot thickens I hear you cry)

If residues are still high in winter I may get the standard Elise s2. DVA do some great head work to the k as well as the vvc but I would prefer to start with the bigger valves in the latter in the first place (ie. buy the car with the power I want from the start therefore avoiding more expense/earache further down the line. Catch my drift.

Just out of interest, what did they do to the k series 111s in the s2 to get it to 160bhp. The s1 had 143?

Anyway getting carried away again. Need to move into new house first lol!

Enjoy the sunny summer everyone and enjoy the best cars .... in the world.
THERE IS NO DANA ONLY ZOOL !!!!!!!!!

Dark purple S1 with Ferrari Testarossa transplant. WITH GAY, BUT ABSOLUTLY STUNNINGLY BEATIFUL PURPLE INTERIOR !!!

mill

Post by mill » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Heeey dude :D glad to see you heading back up to the dark side to become a manly northerner again!

Ahh that pink interior, oh how we laughed :lol:
Black Exige S
Silver E46 M3

mill

Post by mill » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Black Exige S
Silver E46 M3