New member.

Please post here when you become a member - we'll know who you are then ;)
PhillippeDuLait

New member.

Post by PhillippeDuLait » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 pm

Just thought I'd introduce myself as a new member.

I'm from Chester. I've lurked on here and SELOC for a long time as there is always useful information when things inevitably go wrong. Decided it was time to register and say hello.

I've had my Azure Blue 2000 S1 111s since 2002 and expect to keep it until either it gives up or I do. So not new to Elises. Got a ream of bills from Christopher Neil's over the years that I dare not add up the cost of to prove it!

My car is my daily driver and is now up to 75,000 miles. It's a bit of a Trigger's Brush though as pretty much everything has been replaced over the years. I've had the HGF on my original engine at about 37,000. The engine itself was replaced with a brand new S2 VVC at 45,000 as a cracked piston jammed and cracked the block. At least I got a novelty piston paperweight out of that experience. The worst thing was that this happened at tick-over after the car had sat unused for a week while I was working abroad.
Despite the bills, it is still the most reliable car I've owned and I'm sure I'm not the only one who still takes a look back when I walk away from the car, just to look at it again.

I've tracked it a few times, mostly Oulton Park/Anglesey but also Le Mans and been through the usual France, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco routes. Since I had my daughter 3 years ago, I get out for random road-trips far less as 3 people into 2 seats just doesn't go. Looking to rectify this now, time to take out the child-seat and start enjoying it as a go-kart again. I'm planning a trip to the Belgian Grand Prix next year, which I'm hoping I can combine with a few laps of the 'Ring. Would be good to find out if anyone else is taking their cars over.

Interested to see a few other members on here that are local to me, even though I rarely see any other Elises out on the road. If I don't flash you back it will be because I'm not paying attention rather than being rude!

Phil.
Last edited by PhillippeDuLait on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave C

Re: New member.

Post by Dave C » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi & Welcome to Norlog.

As you've lurked a lot already you will know it is a friendly, fun forum with only the odd tantrum :P

Get along to a meet/run/event and meet some of the crowd, it is great fun. Boatyard, Nr Preston is this week but will be a trek I guess for you in an evening but it will be the Cat & Fiddle meet on Sunday which could be better for you.

Cheers, David
Exige Roadster
Black Exige S - Going to a good home I hope!
TVR 400 SE - The sofa has gone
Elise S1 - Long gone but not forgotten

PhillippeDuLait

Post by PhillippeDuLait » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks David. I will get along to an event but neither of the two you suggest above are possible unfortunately. I'll keep my eye out.

I see you are from Blackburn, my car was bought from Lotus Ribble Valley. I did use them a couple of times for a bit of minor warranty work but was unimpressed by their attitude or 'customer service', I guess because they do far more expensive cars than my Lotus! I switched to Christopher Neil pretty quickly and have been very happy with their service since.

karluk00

Post by karluk00 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Glad to see another triggers broom has found its way on here, not much of mine is original any more maybe the chassie and a few other bits and bobs, use mine as a daily drive also and will proberbly tip it over 100k by the end of the year. This one has been much more reliable than the last one and cheeper since I now do everything myself.

Welocme along and hope to see you at a meet sometime in the near future. Althogh I will be the one in the Citreon C8 bus as ime currently having the same 3 dont fit problem myself with a 7 month old.

Karl
Karl

Lightning Mcqueen Red S1 - Triggers Broom - 130k - "She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!"
Citroen C8 Bus
Midnight Blue S1 86k - RIP

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

PhillippeDuLait wrote:I see you are from Blackburn, my car was bought from Lotus Ribble Valley. I did use them a couple of times for a bit of minor warranty work but was unimpressed by their attitude or 'customer service', I guess because they do far more expensive cars than my Lotus! I switched to Christopher Neil pretty quickly and have been very happy with their service since.

Mine came from LRV as well and I understand why you say that although I was looked after quite well.......until it went out business about 3 years ago - Lotus and Bentley!!!

I use Phoenix now as they are very local to me, well priced but more importantly incredibly knowledgeable and nice people to deal with :)
Exige Roadster
Black Exige S - Going to a good home I hope!
TVR 400 SE - The sofa has gone
Elise S1 - Long gone but not forgotten

jasontrevor

Post by jasontrevor » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi i'm not to far away from yourself just over the border in Buckley , i like to think of myself as the Welsh division of NORLOG :lol: Polar blue 111R so keep your eyes peeled! I'll be organizing another karting outing at Sandycroft in the new year....Good fun last time , Dave C you can't come this time :lol:

mill

Post by mill » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

hello and welcome

i use both chris neils and pheonix and they are the best around if you ask me
Black Exige S
Silver E46 M3

PhillippeDuLait

Post by PhillippeDuLait » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

jasontrevor wrote:Hi i'm not to far away from yourself just over the border in Buckley , i like to think of myself as the Welsh division of NORLOG :lol: Polar blue 111R so keep your eyes peeled! I'll be organizing another karting outing at Sandycroft in the new year....Good fun last time , Dave C you can't come this time :lol:

Keep me in mind for Sandycroft, I've done a few events there, including winning a couple of endurance races. Not saying anything about the opposition though as they were work trips!

brooke bond

Post by brooke bond » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

PhillippeDuLait wrote:
jasontrevor wrote:Hi i'm not to far away from yourself just over the border in Buckley , i like to think of myself as the Welsh division of NORLOG :lol: Polar blue 111R so keep your eyes peeled! I'll be organizing another karting outing at Sandycroft in the new year....Good fun last time , Dave C you can't come this time :lol:

Keep me in mind for Sandycroft, I've done a few events there, including winning a couple of endurance races. Not saying anything about the opposition though as they were work trips!

Ballast handicap noted for the self confessed pro! ;)

Welcolme , hope to see you at the next Cat n Fiddle meet. 1st Sunday of the month. :D
Xav

PhillippeDuLait

Post by PhillippeDuLait » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 pm

brooke bond wrote:
Ballast handicap noted for the self confessed pro! ;)

Welcolme , hope to see you at the next Cat n Fiddle meet. 1st Sunday of the month. :D

I seem to be doing a good job of developing my own integrated ballast!

Will definitely make a Cat & Fiddle trip, might struggle for December as my birthday celebrations will be on that weekend :Drink: and I don't think hangovers, twisty roads and Elises are a good combo. Likewise January for similar reasons, it being New Years Day. So February is my most likely debut...

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Phillippe,

Welcome. I too am based in Chester. (Guilden Sutton)

If the weather is good, and you fancy a blast into North Wales one weekend early morning, send me a message.

I have an S2 Sportsracer in blue. Me and a couple of mates are planning a trip down to monaco some time in the spring next year. it would be good to hear the thoughts of others that have done similar.

Regards,

Fred