On the lookout for an S2 Elice SC

Please post here when you become a member - we'll know who you are then ;)
Danstable

On the lookout for an S2 Elice SC

Post by Danstable » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Greetings! I'm currently a TVR Tamora owner but after about 4 months I don't feel myself falling in love so the time is coming to move it on.

To replace it I have an S2 Elise SC in mind, preferably 2008 or later. Mileage isn't an issue but price is, I don't really want to spend more than £21k.

Another option might be a 111R with an after market supercharger, but I don't think my budget will stretch to adding the charger myself. However there don't appear to be many (any?) cars for sale that have already been converted.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dan

Martin 111S

Re: On the lookout for an S2 Elice SC

Post by Martin 111S » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Welcome Dan TVR 's are fun too, wondering why you don't like it ?

As to the Elise SC they only started making them in 2008 so you wont get an older one and I would think you may have to go higher on budget :unsure: especially to get one that hasn't been well abused as they tend to hold their price :)
Great performance and user friendly too ;)

Good luck with the hunt, you could try a 111R to see what you think - supposed to be ok :P
Find a Path That Captures Your Heart and Follow It to Its End !!

Danstable

Post by Danstable » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:13 pm

The TVR in my experience only really becomes special when you get it above 5k revs, and to take it there it needs to be properly warmed up. Most of the opportunities I get to drive it are on my commute, and it only warms up just as I'm hitting town after some lovely country roads.

Also, I can't get away from the fact that it's essentially a kit car and basic things tend not to work as they ought to, and there's a constant fear of something falling off. The engine whilst wonderful is a potential money pit if things go wrong... which isn't unusual.

A 111R probably won't suit my preferred driving style, I don't like having to constantly be at the upper limits of the rev range in order to have some serious go.

I fear I may need to save up a bit more!

Jaik

Post by Jaik » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 pm

You just need to keep an eye out as the SCs are fairly scarce, set up alerts on AutoTrader etc. When I found mine last year there were only two others for sale in the country.

nelly111s
Site Admin

Post by nelly111s » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Both the SC and later S have much more torque than the 111R and are easier cars to drive when you are in town or not wanting to press on. I looked at a 4 year old (very low mileage) SC about 18 months ago and it was going for £31K, so probably do need to save up a bit more!

NWTony on here defected to the dark side a couple of years ago and got a TVR. Perhaps you could set up a support group to compare problems? :D

Nelly
Silver 111S - gone
Ardent Red 111R - gone
Chrome Orange S - yippee

Danstable

Post by Danstable » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:48 pm

These days £24k (pre-haggle) appears to get you a 2008 SC, so hopefully not too much more saving. The torque is what I'm after, had a Cosworth supercharged MK3 MX5 with about 250bhp before the TVR, miss that car!